POSEC is an acronym for Prioritize by Organizing, Streamlining, Economizing and Contributing.
The method dictates a template which emphasizes an average individual’s immediate sense of emotional and monetary security. It suggests that by attending to one’s personal responsibilities first, an individual is better positioned to shoulder collective responsibilities.
Inherent in the acronym is a hierarchy of self-realization which mirrors Abraham
Maslow’s”Hierarchy of needs”.
1. Prioritize – Your time and define your life by goals.
2. Organize – Things you have to accomplish regularly to be successful (Family and Finances).
3. Streamline – Things you may not like to do, but must do (Work and Chores).
4. Economize – Things you should do or may even like to do, but they’re not pressingly urgent (Pastimes and Socializing).
5. Contribute – By paying attention to the few remaining things that make a difference (Social Obligations).