1. Agree precise specification for the project – ‘Terms of Reference’
2. Plan the project – time, team, activities, resources, financials – using suitable project management tools.
3. Communicate the project plan to your project team – and to any other interested people and groups.
4. Agree and delegate project actions.
5. Manage and motivate – inform, encourage, enable the project team.
6. Check, measure, monitor, review project progress – adjust project plans, and inform the project team and others.
7. Complete project – review and report on project performance; give praise and thanks to the project team.
8. Project follow-up – train, support, measure and report results and benefits.