An organizational chart (often called organization chart, org chart, organigram(me), or organogram) is a diagram that shows the structure of an organization and the relationships and relative ranks of its parts and positions/jobs.
Organizational charts types
Organizational charts types can be divided into following two bases:
1.On the Basis of Preparation
On the basis of preparation, organizational charts types may be divided into following two parts:
1. Functional chart: This chart is prepared according to the function assigned to employees. In this chart, mutual relations of employees are presented in relation to their functions.
2. Chart according to the posts: This chart is prepared according to the posts held by different employees. In this chart, mutual relations of employees are expressed in relations to their posts.
2. On the Basis of Organisational Structure
On the basis of organizational structure, an organizational charts types may be divided into following two parts:
1. Master chart: This chart is the basic document of the organization. It explains the whole organizational structure. It also reveals the overall relations prevailing in the organization.
2. Departmental chart: This chart is prepared at a departmental level. It is related only to the departmental employees. Every department of the organization prepares its separate chart.
Edraw defines some organizational chart types, and divides them into fourteen categories. Every organizational chart type has specific shapes and examples.
Basic Organizational Chart is used to create simple network designs and network architecture diagrams, using basic network and computer equipment shapes.
Photo Organizational Chart is often used to chart the organization chart of company, department or staffs.